Geospatial Data and Technology Center (GDTC) has developed research Policy for the management of research undertakings to:
- Promote, preserve, encourage and aid scientific investigation;
- Control research conducting activities at BDU catchment;
- Enhance advancement, dissemination, and preservation of knowledge and technology through teaching, research, and scholarship.
All researchers those develop winning geospatial technology based research project proposals can be submitted to the center and will secure fund on competitive basis. The research in all its cycles coordinated by ad-hoc research management committee selected by the director from formal center members.
Approval of proposals and follow up of ongoing activities at the center will be based on the following procedural activities.
- The center discloses research calls to groups to initiate proposal development on the center’s thematic areas (see research thematic areas) at the beginning of April every year.
- Submitted proposals shall be evaluated by screening committee, using the research proposal evaluation format.
- Seminar will be organized by the center for progress reports and scientific papers.
- The center will make follow up of the progress of the approved researches as per the agreement made between the researcher and the center.
- GDTC will be disseminating research findings to beneficiaries.